Please login or register

Scratchbuilt MG34 Project Bohola11

Please email the Administrator if you cannot login admin@boholairsoft.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Please login or register

Scratchbuilt MG34 Project Bohola11

Please email the Administrator if you cannot login admin@boholairsoft.com

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Scratchbuilt MG34 Project Empty Scratchbuilt MG34 Project Mon Nov 30, 2009 1:03 pm

Mr.Lee

Mr.Lee

The Goal: WW2 MG34 Light Machine gun
Scratchbuilt MG34 Project Mg34_1
The inspiration:
Someone from the US WW2 airsoft forums modified an AK to look sort of like the MG34...his mod is the middle pic.
Scratchbuilt MG34 Project Mg34projectcopy
I wanted to go a step further and make look a bit more like the MG34 than an AK with a weird looong barrel.

I decided to use PVC for this project. A metal version will be done in the future, after this practice build.

Here are the humble beginnings...
Scratchbuilt MG34 Project Sbmg341copy
Apparently, the AK has a weird angle between the barrel and the receiver (part of the reason i don't like the AK). The don't follow a straight line, making it necessary to place the AK receiver at an angle inside the PVC receiver:
Scratchbuilt MG34 Project Sbmg342copy
I'll be making the butt stock out of laminated 3mm Sintra (PVC foamboard). I've cut out the patterns and battery space. All i have to do is glue them together, shape and finish.
Scratchbuilt MG34 Project Sbmg343copy

I still have to add the rectagular details to the main receiver; top cover etc. I'll be using the Sintra board for this.

What's the longest barrel i can put in, combined with a type 0 cylinder so as not to experience barrel suck?

Will update soon....

Some progress...
Found the perfect substitue magazine for this project: C-mag for the AK! Looks like an upside-down saddle drum.
Scratchbuilt MG34 Project Sbmg344copy
Scratchbuilt MG34 Project Sbmg345copy
Applied putty and sanded the butt stock.
Scratchbuilt MG34 Project Sbmg346copy
Mini-update: Just finished cutting and shaping the sintra for the top cover section.
It's slowly taking shape..
Scratchbuilt MG34 Project Sbmg347copy
Scratchbuilt MG34 Project Sbmg348copy
Finished working on the barrel shroud. The holes are a little smaller than i wanted. I only have a dremel so these are the largest i could make em. The front sight was hacksawed from a HK416 gasblock, the rear sight is a cannibalized Kar98 rearsight modified with some sheet sytrene. Rear sight is fully adjustable for elevation. Bipod is from an HKG3SG1.
Scratchbuilt MG34 Project Sbmg349copy
Scratchbuilt MG34 Project Sbmg3410copy
Scratchbuilt MG34 Project Sbmg3411copy
Scratchbuilt MG34 Project Sbmg3412copy
Done! Just have to do some durability upgrades. No chrono yet.
It's weird tho. It's seems massive!!! It's only 2 inches longer and 1/4th inch wider than the real thing (to preserve proportions) but it's huge, up to mid chest. Landsers must have been really tall back then.
Scratchbuilt MG34 Project Sbmg3413copy
Scratchbuilt MG34 Project Sbmg3414copy
Scratchbuilt MG34 Project Sbmg3415copy
Scratchbuilt MG34 Project Sbmg3416copy
Scratchbuilt MG34 Project Sbmg3417copy
Salamat!
Finished the simple upgrades today.
Madbull 600mm 6.03id barrel
PDI 210% spring
guarder spring guide
Guarder type-0 cylinder
Chronos at 450-460fps with 0.2s

Have yet to test it on the field.

repost n gikan sa FAS..
ako post lng dri basin naa gusto musundog ky sir jimmiroquai

2Scratchbuilt MG34 Project Empty Re: Scratchbuilt MG34 Project Mon Nov 30, 2009 2:09 pm

sidewinder

sidewinder
idol nako ni si sir jimmiroquai sa FAS. . . check ninyo uban projects niya. . . nindot ni mutrabaho . . .WW2 guns iyang gi-specialize

3Scratchbuilt MG34 Project Empty Re: Scratchbuilt MG34 Project Mon Nov 30, 2009 3:55 pm

izhula

izhula
wohoooo...nice tanawon...

4Scratchbuilt MG34 Project Empty Re: Scratchbuilt MG34 Project Mon Nov 30, 2009 8:38 pm

maomag

maomag

na mura! ug akoy mogamit ani, beterano na gyud kaayo, tawgon na gyud kog iyo! hehehe

5Scratchbuilt MG34 Project Empty Re: Scratchbuilt MG34 Project Mon Nov 30, 2009 9:38 pm

Mr.Lee

Mr.Lee

hahhaa... mao jud ya...

6Scratchbuilt MG34 Project Empty Re: Scratchbuilt MG34 Project Tue Dec 01, 2009 11:02 pm

nokie

nokie
astig

7Scratchbuilt MG34 Project Empty Re: Scratchbuilt MG34 Project Sat Dec 05, 2009 7:13 am

Mr.Lee

Mr.Lee

try n.u mga sir's...

^_^

8Scratchbuilt MG34 Project Empty Re: Scratchbuilt MG34 Project Thu Dec 10, 2009 7:34 pm

bhata

sir lee pila pahimo ani
pahimu ko be
cge na pls

9Scratchbuilt MG34 Project Empty Re: Scratchbuilt MG34 Project Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:16 pm

CAT|kurt

CAT|kurt
hahahaha.. pahimo tang tanan ingani.. bcg d ni apil sa gunban kay kingkoy na kayo og porma. hehehehe.weeww atleast kung maingani na ato pusil makadua gphn ta bsan gunban...hehehe

10Scratchbuilt MG34 Project Empty Re: Scratchbuilt MG34 Project Sat Dec 12, 2009 9:12 am

Mr.Lee

Mr.Lee

sir lee pila pahimo ani
pahimu ko be
cge na pls

dli ako nagama ana...

repost rana sa FAS...
unique au porma man gud...

11Scratchbuilt MG34 Project Empty Re: Scratchbuilt MG34 Project Fri Jun 25, 2010 5:58 am

saitohkiyohiru

saitohkiyohiru
Abi nako ug imoha ning hinimo Lee...PAYTER au. Daghan bitaw ni iyaha ginama sa FAS.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum